Recipe by TGirl,RN
Use leftover grilled chicken to make a tasty dinner salad with a Mexican flair. Grocery stores also sell pre-packaged grilled chicken strips. Either one of these chicken choices will give you a no cook dinner in no time at all. What more can you ask for on a day when you just don't feel like cooking!
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄3 cup sliced scallion
- 6 cups romaine lettuce leaves, chopped or torn
- 1 1⁄2 cups grilled chicken, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In jar or bowl with tight fitting lid, add oil, lime juice, cilantro, sugar, garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper, shaking well to combine.
- In bowl, mix beans, corn, bell pepper, and onions.
- Arrange Romaine on plates to serve, top with bean mixture, then with chicken strips.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.