Recipe by drhousespcatcher
A quick 'Mexican' tasting snack or light main for a quick meal with other dishes. Serves 4 as part of a light meal. Serves 6-8 as a snack.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix, divided
- 4 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 small head of lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa, your favorite
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in microwave on high for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Stir in half the taco seasoning.
- Add 4 cups cereal and mix until all is evenly coated.
- Microwave on high for two minutes stirring every minute.
- Brown ground beef in skillet over med high then drain.
- Stir in the remaining taco seasoning and the water.
- Simmer for 5 minutes stir occasionally.
- Layer cereal, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese in serving dish.
- Top with remaining cereal.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.