Recipe by ~*~*~*Spookygirl*~*~*~
Just a fun, quick recipe for the dog days of summer and you can't stand the thought of turning on the oven. You can leave the flax seed out, but it adds some nice fiber, without changing the taste ;)
Top Review by Annette NC
I also did not use flax seed because I did not have it. I added a little bit of salsa to make it a little juicier and to give it a little kick. And, I sprinkled with Borden's Colby and Monterey Jack cheeses. Yum!
- 226.79 g penne pasta
- 453.59 g Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 226.79 g canned whole kernel corn (drained)
- 226.79 g canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 44.37 ml ground flax seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package direction.
- While pasta boils, in a large bowl, dump in the tomatoes, cutting up any pieces that are larger then bite size. Add corn, black beans, and flax and stir.
- When pasta is done, drain, and immediately add to bowl with tomatoes, corn and beans. Toss together.
- Serve with sprinkle of cheese if desired.