Just a fun, quick recipe for the dog days of summer and you can't stand the thought of turning on the oven. You can leave the flax seed out, but it adds some nice fiber, without changing the taste ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil pasta in salted water according to package direction.
- 2While pasta boils, in a large bowl, dump in the tomatoes, cutting up any pieces that are larger then bite size. Add corn, black beans, and flax and stir.
- 3When pasta is done, drain, and immediately add to bowl with tomatoes, corn and beans. Toss together.
- 4Serve with sprinkle of cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexi-Cali Penne
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 799.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g