Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe can be doubled if desired and baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. If you are using creamed cottage cheese in place of ricotta you might want to drain slightly. These can be completely prepared covered with plastic wrap and chilled for up to 24 hours before baking. Prep time does not include cooking the lasagna noodles. my Kittencal's Red Enchilada or Taco Sauce works well with this or use your own favorite sauce.
- 7 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (or use cheddar cheese)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (or creamed cottage cheese)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (or use green onion)
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 -3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (or use chili powder)
- 2 cups black beans (rinsed and well drained)
- salt and black pepper
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (or use salsa)
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (or use cheddar cheese or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except the enchilada sauce and 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese; mix well to combine and adjusting taco seasoning, salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Divide and spread the mixture over one side of each cooked lasagna noodle.
- Roll up noodles jellyroll fashion beginning at narrow ends.
- Spread a small amount of enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the rolled noodles into prepared baking dish on top of the sauce.
- Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, remove from oven then sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese (or to taste) return to oven for a few minutes to melt cheese.