Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yet one more wonderful appetizer from a friend!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and drain.
- Add the cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, green chilies, enchilada sauce and eggs to the browned beef.
- Pour the combined mixture in an 8x8inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
- The top should be a golden brown.
- When done, remove from the oven.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Cut in 36 squares.
- Serve with chips.
I make this all the time, but use green taco sauce and use 4 eggs. I omitt the enchilada sauce. So good and so easy!
These are great! I make a similar recipe with broccoli and cheese, but I love this Mexican version much more! These are perfect appetizers for a gathering I have coming up. Thanks!