Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I am asked to make these at every family gathering. Honestly, my husbands prefers them for breakfast. When he wants them for breakfast I use sausage instead of ground beef.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, fresh are better
- 1⁄2 cup of bottle green taco sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook ground beef until done; drain off fat.
- Stir in cheeses, chilies, taco sauce and eggs.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Transfer meat mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
This is a good breakfast casserole. Just right for a family of four. It is very simple to make. I followed ingredients per recipe and made with sausage. made for PAC Spring 2008.