Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I also add in a few tablespoons dry ranch salad dressing mix also- feel free to adjust all ingredients to suit taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 cups tomato juice (or use V-8 vegetable juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (optional or to taste)
- grated cheddar cheese (1/4 cup per bowl or to taste)
- chopped green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over medium-high heat cook the ground beef with onion garlic and jalapeno pepper until browned (about 10 minutes) drain fat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (except the cheddar cheese and green onions) bring to a boil.
- Cook stirring occasionally for about 20-30 minutes.
- Ladle into 6-8 bowls, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and green onions.