Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I also add in a few tablespoons dry ranch salad dressing mix also- feel free to adjust all ingredients to suit taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 cups tomato juice (or use V-8 vegetable juice)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (optional or to taste)
- grated cheddar cheese (1/4 cup per bowl or to taste)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat cook the ground beef with onion garlic and jalapeno pepper until browned (about 10 minutes) drain fat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (except the cheddar cheese and green onions) bring to a boil.
- Cook stirring occasionally for about 20-30 minutes.
- Ladle into 6-8 bowls, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and green onions.
Kitten, I'm rating another one of your recipes! Thanks for the quick and tasty Mexi Beef and Bean Soup. It was wonderful. Thanks for posting.