Recipe by kazz murphy
I have been making this recipe for years, it is a modified version of a recipe the cook at the childcare centre i work at used to make. I have also had it published in Australia's super foods mag. It is great to make for family functions- everyone loves it.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and diced
- 1 (440 g) can corn kernels
- 1 (430 g) can 3 bean mix
- 1 (180 g) jar mushroom pieces
- 1 (500 g) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (35 g) packet taco seasoning mix
- 500 g rice, cooked and drained
- 1 (2 ml) container sour cream
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 500 g beef mince
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Saute onion and capsicum for 3 minutes.
- Drain remaining vegetables, then stir through capsicum mixture.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Brown mince in same pan breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Stir in Vegetables.
- Add sauce and seasoning mix.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Spoon rice into a greased baking dish.
- Top with mince, sour cream and cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180C) for 15 to 20 minutes.