Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup spinach, firmly packed,washed and chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 4 flour tortillas or 4 corn tortillas
- Place the spinach in a saucepan with only the water you washed it in still clinging to the leaves.
- (If you washed the spinach the night before place the spinach in the saucepan and sprinkle a little water over the leaves.) Cook stirring until just wilted about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the saucepan and drain well.
- Place the brown rice corn and salsa in the saucepan.
- Cook stirring until heated through.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Spoon a line of the mixture down the center of each tortilla (warmed, if you like) and roll up.
I added avocado because I have a ton of them right now..and some hot sauce 'cuz I love things spicy. Very fast and very, very good. I didn't tell my hubby they were healthy...ssshh....
I hope you are watching me enjoy this full tilt, Mille R from where ever you are. This dish brought such warmth to my day, a healthy, hearty, warm taste that will keep me making this for my lunch for many years. The only change I made was to add green onion, and not use corn. Otherwise, completely and wonderfully the same. So nice. I added a bit of hot sauce, as I love all hot things, and the spinach turned out perfectly and delicately cooked in that little bit of water. I love this, and I thank you for posting.
I doubled this using one 16 ounce bag of Spinich. I used medium salsa and whole grain tortillas. Great stuff any time of the day for healthy snacks too ... tasty, healthy, easy and DH l-o-v-e-d it ! Thank you