Recipe by Lady Amazon
A rich,creamy gravy loaded with shrimp that you serve over steamed rice. This one is a crowd pleaser.I think it is the favorite dish for everyone in my family, including my picky daughter. This is my all time favorite dish, I love it so much, that my mom makes it for me every year for my birthday.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped up small
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (Mexene,Gebharts or Adams)
- 2 cups powdered milk (follow directions on box)
- 4 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch garlic powder, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and saute onions till clear.
- Add shrimp and cook till lightly pink.
- Mix flour and chili powder together, then add to shrimp. cook on low for 15 min till flour is cooked (stir frequently).
- Gradually add premade powder milk to shrimp and flour, stirring continuosly so there are no lumps in gravy, cook for 10 min on low heat.
- Add catsup, worcestershire sauce, bayleaf and garlic powder to taste. let cook for 20 min on low heat.
- Serve over steamed rice.