Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great make ahead (freezes well) & easy entree. Another of my kids' favorites - they wish I would make it more often, but as it is not the healthiest meal I only make it occasionally. Very tasty but be warned - the chips get soggy with the leftovers. We never have any, though....
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄3 cup broken tortilla chips
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- In skillet, brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and 1 cup picante. Simmer 5-8 min.; remove from heat. Stir in egg.
- Sprinkle frozen pie crust with ½ cup cheese; top with green chilies.
- Pour ground beef mixture over chilies.
- Top with remaining 1 cup cheese; sprinkle tortilla chips over top.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven on preheated baking sheet 20 to 35 minute
- Garnish with shredded lettuce, sour cream and remaining picante. Serves 6.