Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Penzey's Spice catalog. Looks and sounds delicious!
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken (or browned ground beef or cooked chorizo sausage)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen corn kernels
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 Tbsp dried cilantro)
- 1 -2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, chopped
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until softened.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken (or beef or chorizo,) cooked vegetables, beans, corn, enchilada sauce, salsa, cilantro and seasonings. Mix well.
- Spoon half the mixture into the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the shredded cheeses. Sprinkle half the cheese over the meat/veggie mixture.
- Top with remaining half of meat/veg mixture and then top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with the garnishes of your choice and serve with chips for dipping.