This recipe was given out in the 1930s - My mother in law received it from her mother who got it on a recipe card that was a premium when she signed up for her first life insurance policy! It is a pretty standard biscuit recipe, but I'm retaining it for it's vintage value.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Sift together dry ingredients.
- 3Blend in lard with pastry blender or with finger tips. Mixture should resemble coarse cornmeal.
- 4Add enough milk to make a soft dough which can be handled, stirring with a fork.
- 5Turn out onto slightly floured board and knead for about 1/2 a minute.
- 6Roll or pat into 1/2 inch thickness.
- 7Cut with 2 inch floured biscuit cutter or glass.
- 8Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Metropolitan Life Baking Powder Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 292.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g