Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I like methi and this is another one of my favourites! In Gujrat, India, bhakri roti is served for dinner with any vegetable dish, milk and also with chutney during winter.
- 2 cups millet flour or 2 cups wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons fenugreek leaves, cleaned and chopped
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 2 teaspoons green chilies, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- water (for kneading)
- ghee (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift bajra or wheat flour and salt in a basin.
- Rub in 2 tbsps ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Knead to a soft dough with water.
- Divide the dough into 10 parts and roll out each into a circle of 3" diameter.
- Place 2-3 bhakris at a time on a hot griddle.
- Spoon little ghee around them.
- Turn and cook the other side till both sides are brown and crisp.
- It can be cooked without ghee also.