Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an Indian main course vegetarian dish which can be served with rotis/parathas/naans/rice. As the name suggests, it is made from fenugreek leaves (Methi), Mutter (green peas) and Malai (fresh cream). It is a great combination of flavours and very easy, quick and tasty dish.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 green chilies (slit)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- red chili powder, to taste
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 cup green peas
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cream (can be substituted with milk or in combination with milk)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- In a wok, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds to the hot oil. They should crackle if the oil is hot enough.
- Add the onions and saute them, till they turn translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes and the green chillies and saute them for couple of minutes.(till the raw smell goes away).
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let them cook covered for couple of minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder and the chilli powder. Saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and add salt over it.Mix and let it cook for 7-10 mins
- Add the peas. Mix and let them cook.
- Add the fresh cream.Adjust the consistency of the gravy to your choice with milk (optional).
- Add the garam masala.
- Cook covered for couple of minutes more and garnish with cilantro.