Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
its what my mum used to make for our tiffins...during the good old school days....
- 2 cups fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dhaniya powder (coriander)
- 3 tablespoons gur (jaggery)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil (to roast the roties)
- Mix all the ingredients from 1 to 7.
- Add water a little at a time to make into a semi hard dough.
- Make 20 to 25 balls of medium size from the dough.
- Roll them into thin round rotis.
- Heat"tava" or frying pan, put the roti on it.
- With a spoon drop in oil on the sides of the roti.
- Turn around and do the same.
- Roast them till cooked from in side and brown in colour.
- Serve with sweetened curd and mix veg pickle!