- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peas
- 4 -5 bunches of fresh methi leaves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder (hing)
- 4 -5 green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in 4 1/2 cups water and allow to cool once water has evaporated and the rice is ready.
- Wash and chop methi leaves.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add mustard seeds, hing and green chillies.
- Add methi leaves, green peas and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Add cooked rice, mix well and serve.