1 hr 5 mins
Wonderful recipe and it's one of my favourites! I hope you enjoy this; really I do:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 teaspoons kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 kg baby potatoes, washed and dried
For the masala paste
- 1Grind together all the ingredients mentioned under'masala paste' and keep aside.
- 2Prick potatoes all over using a fork.
- 3Heat oil in a wok.
- 4Once its hot, deep fry the potatoes in it until golden in colour.
- 5Drain on clean paper towels and keep aside.
- 6Heat oil or ghee in a skillet.
- 7Add cumin and mustard seeds alongwith asafoetida powder.
- 8Allow to splutter.
- 9Once they stop spluttering, add the ground paste and fry until the ghee or oil separates from the masala.
- 10Add kasoori methi, salt, pepper, potatoes and a little water.
- 11Stir well.
- 12Cover and cook on medium flame until the potatoes are tender and ready to eat.
- 13Serve hot with naan or paratha or kulchas.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Methi Dum Aloo - Fenugreek Indian Spicy Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 25.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: