Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Thursday magazine's "What's cooking" column. This recipe was submitted by Bhavna Sugandhia.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients in a wok.
- Mix well.
- Switch on the gas.
- Start rotating the mixture in a clockwise direction with the help of a'tavetha'.
- Rotate the mixture continuously in the same direction.
- After 5 minutes, the ghee will start binding the mixture.
- In another 4-5 minutes, you will see globules of ghee on the edges.
- Also, you will see the colour of the mixture turn to a light yellow.
- Keep the flame on medium heat.
- The mixture will start getting fluffy and bind together.
- In the meantime,grease a moulding plate with a tsp.
- or two of ghee.
- Empty the contents of the wok on to the greased plate.
- Sprinkle few drops of water on it.
- Now the Mesub is ready and starts getting crystallised at the surface.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder (to taste) on it.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- It is now ready to eat.
- Store in an airtight container and use within one week.
- I like to store mine refrigerated.
- Cooking tip: For soft mesub, rotate the mixture in the same direction.