Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Mmmmmmm...so tasty! I threw these together in a crock pot after hearing people from the midwest rave about "loose meat". The name itself was kindof a turn off to me, but these people have an absolutely rapt look on their faces when they describe loose meat sandwiches. I have no idea if this is near what they enjoy, but we were happy. These were especially good because I was able to make them from ingredients in my pantry, no extra trips to the store. We ate them with pickled tomatoes and mustard, but these sandwiches would be great with any hamburger-type topping. The number of servings is purely a guess....it depends on who you are serving and how hungry they are!
- 29.58 ml dried onion
- 14.79 ml warm water
- 1360.77 g lean ground beef
- 1 beef bouillon cube (low sodium)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (also low sodium)
- 354.88 ml water
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- Turn crock pot on high, add dried onion and 1 tbsp warm water. Allow to rehydrated a bit while assembling other ingredients.
- Add ground beef, 1 1/2 cups water and all other ingredients. Stir well to break up ground beef and distribute ingredients. Cover and cook on high 4 hours or until ground beef is cooked, stirring occasionally to prevent beef from clumping. The goal is a smooth-ish texture.
- Serve on hamburger buns with pickled tomatoes, onions, pickles, or any topping you please. These are messy so use plenty of napkins!