Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This kettle corn is very delicious, and pretty sloppy. Trust me, it adds to it...
- 4 cups microwave popcorn (cooked, 1 bag)
- 2 tablespoons room-temperature squeezable margarine (optional, especially if using butter flavored popcorn, optional) (optional) or 2 tablespoons butter powder (optional, especially if using butter flavored popcorn, optional) (optional) or 2 tablespoons melted real butter (optional, especially if using butter flavored popcorn) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cinnamon (a shake or two will do it), vanilla extract, and sugar. Add about a tablespoon of water and microwave 4 minutes on High (watch that it doesn't boil over, it can!).
- Microwave popcorn, and drizzle with hot sugar mixture and butter ingredient.
- Some of the kernals will hiss, pop, and shrink, but that's the noise they make as they BECOME DELICIOUS!
- For Vegan omit the optional butter/margarine/butter powder unless using a Vegan Margarine [non dairy].
I was looking for a quick kettle corn recipe that I could use popcorn bags with. This was decilicious and quick. My hubby and kids loved it! Its really not that messy. I suggest melting the butter/sugar in a measuring glass with a handle, it get really hot and using the heat resistant spatulas to get all the carmeling mixture in the popcorn. Yummo-O!