Recipe by momofallboys
This no-bake recipe takes a bit of time to make but a little goes a long way! They have gotten the seal of approval from everyone who has tried them in my family. I usually make it on the stovetop and wash the pan between layers in order to cut down on dishes but it can also be made in the microwave. These bars are VERY rich and make a huge batch. They freeze well.
Top Review by BEST COOK IN TOWN
Outstandg!!!!! I used coffee creamer instead of milk to make this a non dairy dessert I also had to add 3 extra tablespoons of coffee creamer. Also in the topping I added 2 more tabelspoons of peanut butter then it called for. This dessert was creamy yet chewy. Had everyone asking for more:) will be making this again soon.
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Instructions for crust-- Melt corn syrup, peanut butter and sugar.
- Add cereals and spread in greased, foil-lined 11X15 inch jelly roll pan.
- Instructions for filling-- Mix well and spread over crust.
- Instructions for topping-- Melt together and spread over filling, Store in refrigerator.