That is Dr House to you's Note:
From 1001 low fat vegetarian recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice tofu lenghtwise into halves.
- 2Using SMOKER:.
- 3Spray smoker rack with spray generously before placing on grill.
- 4Place tofu on rack over medium hot coals with mesquite wood chips [you can use other chips if desired].
- 5Smoke covered for 20 to 30 minutes at least. Smoke longer for stronger flavor.
- 6Tofu can be smoked in covered GRILL:.
- 7Arrange hot coals around edges of grill. Place shallow pan of water in center. Sprinkle coals with chips that have been soaked in water and well drained. Continue as directed above.
- 8On top of RANGE:.
- 9Sprinkle 2 to 3 tbsp of mesquite smoking bits bits [very small chips] or shavings in bottom of large dutch oven. Place wire rack in dutch oven. [make sure you have a nice sturdy dutch oven with a tight fitting lid].
- 10Place tofu on the rack [spray with cooking spray] and cover. Heat over high heat for 5 minutes. Lift lid just enough to make sure pan is full of smoke.
- 11Reduce heat to med low and cook covered for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 12For Vegans make sure the spray does not contain diary products such as butter.
Browse Our Top Tempeh Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mesquite Smoked Tofu or Tempeh
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 12.1 g