Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Turned out mighty tasty! Combined several recipes to get one we thought we might like....next time maybe a little more kick.
- Preheat grill on high. Turn down to maintain (medium) 350 degrees.
- Place smoker box of wet mesquite chips on grill.
- Remove neck and giblets from cavity, rinse turkey, and pat dry.
- Mix spices in a small bowl, set aside 1 TBSP of mixture, and put some of the mixture in the cavity and some under the skin.
- Spray turkey with butter spray and pat reserved spice mixture on the skin of the turkey.
- Place turkey breast side down, turning back wing tips, on the grill over a dip pan.
- Cook turkey for 11 to 13 minutes per pound (internal temperature 180 degrees in thigh and 170 degrees in breast.
- Note: At halfway point, turn turkey if needed for even cooking. 10- 18 pound turkey takes 2 to 3 hours. We turned our turkey at 1 1/2 hours. To reach internal temperature of 170 in breast we cooked it for 1 1/2 more.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.