Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This really tastes like shake and bake, which surprised me. I loved it.
- 6 lbs skinless chicken legs
- 3⁄4 cup spelt flour
- 1⁄4 cup mesquite flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1 teaspoon cajun spices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl. Whisk together and combine well.
- Moisten each piece of chicken one at a time then dip in the coating.
- You can put this mixture in a bag and put a leg in the bag to coat or place some of the coating on a large plate and roll the chicken in it.
- Place in a 350'F oven and bake for 45-60 minutes until the juices run clear.
- Bon Appetit.