Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The Mesquite seasoning is what gives this roast the great flavor. Save the remaining seasoning packet for a later use. I let my roast cook for hours. I like mine to fall apart!
- 2 -3 lbs boneless beef rump roast (stuff with a few garlic cloves)
- 6 cups water (or more at the end if the taste is too strong)
- 3 tablespoons mesquite powder (I use Adolph's For the Grill Marinade Mesquite)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoning (I use Blackened Redfish Seasoning)
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 large onion, cut in chunks
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package mushroom beef gravy
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch (or more if you prefer thicker gravy)
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can carrots, whole baby drained (or you can use fresh)
- 1 (15 ounce) can new potatoes, whole drained
- Add the first 8 ingredients.
- Simmer covered until roast is done.
- Add onions and vegetables and cook until onions are tender.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Remove 1 cup of liquid and add gravy mix and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Add to pot and simmer until thickened.
- Serve sauce over rice.
My husband raved about this roast! He loved the gravy. The only thing I added was a half can of cream of mushroom soup I had to use up. Wonderful different taste. Thanks so much for posting!!!