Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Mesquite Maple Steaks & Vegetables With Watermelon Coolers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 6 ounces presliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 large zip-top bag
- 3 tablespoons dry mesquite marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs grilling steaks (such as ribeye, strip, or tenderloin)
- 3⁄4 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, chunks (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 6 cups cherry carbonated lemon-lime beverage (chilled)
- Mesquite Maple Steaks & Vegetables:.
- Quarter bell peppers lengthwise; remove core and seeds.
- Discard stems and gills (dark brown layers) from mushrooms.
- Preheat grill (or grill pan). Combine in bag: marinade mix, oil, and 2 tablespoons syrup; shake to blend. Add steaks, peppers, and mushrooms; seal bag tightly and shake to coat evenly. Let stand 10 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
- Place steaks and peppers on grill; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until steak is 145°F (for medium rare) and peppers are tender. Remove steaks from grill; let stand 5 minutes to rest.
- Place mushrooms on grill; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut peppers into bite-size strips. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons syrup over steaks. Serve.
- Nutritional Information: CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 360kcal; FAT 18g; CHOL 75mg; SODIUM 750mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 27g; VIT A 70%; VIT C 180%; CALC 4%; IRON 20%.
- Watermelon Coolers:.
- Thaw limeade until softened.
- Place watermelon into food processor (or blender); blend until liquefied. Strain watermelon to remove pulp; place juice in pitcher and stir in limeade until blended. Chill until ready to serve.
- Divide juice evenly into 4 glasses; pour soda over juice. Serve cold.
- Nutritional Information: CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 340kcal; FAT 0g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 40mg; CARB 101g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 35%; CALC 2%; IRON 2%.