1/2 Photos of Mesquite Grilled Pork Chops
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe comes from Weber's Big Book of Grilling. I have to admit I was skeptical when I read the list of ingredients for the paste - I just wasn't sure if I would like the flavor combinations. DH cooked these to perfection and the flavor was great. I highly recommend this recipe for grilled pork chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pork loin chops with bone (2 inches thick)
- 1Place mesquite chips in water and let soak for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Set pork chops out at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes before grilling.
- 3Combine all paste ingredients.
- 4Spread paste mixture on pork chops covering all sides completely using all of the mixture.
- 5Drain mesquite chips and place in a small disposable aluminum foil pan.
- 6Preheat gas grill on high until hot using both burners.
- 7Lift up grate on one side and place aluminum foil pan directly on fire.
- 8Sear the pork chops over direct heat for about 6 minutes turning once halfway through searing time.
- 9Turn fire down to medium heat under aluminum foil pan hodling mesquite chips and turn off fire on the other burner.
- 10Place pork chops on grill side with no heat.
- 11Continue to cook with lid closed over indirect medium heat until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 25 minutes.
- 12Remove from grill, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mesquite Grilled Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.9
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 2007.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 20.5 g