Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 lbs Butterball boneless breast of turkey, thawed
- to taste oil
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- Prepare grill using mesquite chips or coals.
- Brush turkey with oil.
- Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle over turkey.
- Place turkey on grill.
- Cover grill and cook according to package directions.
- Wrap in foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove netting from turkey and slice it.
Quite tasty, I couldn't stop eating it. I just sprinkled the spices on sliced turkey breast and sauteed! Perfect flavor (used garlic salt instead of garlic powder).
Very tasty and especially appreciated by Dh. I applied the seasoning under the skin and used the cooking method described in recipe #46714, Great Grilled Turkey Breast. And of course, alder is far easier to come by here in the Northwest so I didn't use mesquite. Thanks, Tonkcats.