Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and very aromatic.
- 4 (7 ounce) amberjack fillets
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juice of
- For salsa: peel and chop avocados into 1/2 inch cubes and place chopped avocado in a bowl.
- Add remaining salsa ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Let sit for 1 hour before serving.
- Brush fillets with oil and season to your liking with salt and pepper.
- Soak a handful or two of mesquite wood chips.
- When ready to grill, throw wood chips onto hot coals.
- Grill fish for 5 minutes per side.
- Cover grill for a smokier flavor while fillets are cooking.
- Serve with avocado-corn salsa.