Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- an appetizer from Tunisia. Posted for ZWT 2006.
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 large red bell peppers, roasted and peeled, and seeds and Membranes discarded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf baguette, cut into 1 inch slices on the diagonal
- Place the tomatoes in a frying pan and saute on high heat until they thicken,6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Finely chop the roasted bell pepper and add to the tomatoes. Add the garlic, cumin, cayenne, olive oil, lemon juice and parsley. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place on a serving dish.
- Serve with the baguette slices.
- Note: this can be made 1 day in advance. However, do not add the garlic until ready to use.