Recipe by sheepdoc
The base recipe is from from Good Housekeeping Nov 2010, but I used Newman's Own Balsamic Vinagrette dressing instead of this recipe and apples instead of pears.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Easy, refreshing, delicious! The two of us ate the whole amount for a light dinner along with recipe #495309 and some flat bread. Loved the addition of pepitas.<br/>Thanks for sharing :)<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2013
- 1⁄4 cup pepitas
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 red pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 (5 ounce) packages mixed baby greens
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, heat pepitas 2-3 minutes until some start to pop. Cool and store in airtight container.
- Whisk vinegar, mustard and honey until blended. Add oil in slow stream and whisk until emulsified. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Combine sliced pears and dressing one hour before serving to prevent browning.
- In large bowl, combine pears/dressing, greens, toasted pumpkin seeds, and salt and pepper to taste.