Recipe by Valerie in Florida
Loved this salad. Perfect and light. This was originally from Gormet Magazine, but there were a few additions a friend added that made this so special.
- 1 lb mesclun (mixed baby salad greens)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄4 lb small fresh mozzarella ball, in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together shallot, mustard and vinegar.
- Add oil in a slow stream, whicking until emulsified, and season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss salad greens with just enough dressing to coat.
- Add toasted pine nuts and mossarella balls.
- Enjoy !