Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice salad with the creamy & tangy taste of blue cheese bits mixed with sweet cranberries, lending some texture from the pecans.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup craisins
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 14 ounces mesclun
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- In a blender, process ingredients from vinegar to water until cranberries are finely chopped.
- Spread pecans in a cookie sheet; bake at 350 stirring twice for 6 to 8 minutes; cool then chop.
- Just before serving, toss all ingredients except dressing in a large salad bowl to mix.
- Add dressing and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve topped with several Craisins.
Love, love, love this nutty fruity cheesy salad!