Nana Lee's Note:
YUP, you guessed it! Another Wally Halloween recipe. This is a salad in an orange-skin "bowl".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large thick-skinned oranges
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) bag baby mixed greens
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1Slice 1/2-inch slice off top of oranges and slice enough off bottom of oranges so they won’t roll.
- 2Grate 1/4 tsp zest from TOP sliced off an orange.
- 3Carve pulp out of all oranges (using a grapefruit knife works well [or even a grapefruit spoon with serrated tip might work])
- 4Section the pulp of four oranges (1-1/2 cups)removing them whole from the membranes; set aside.
- 5Juice rest of pulp (1/4 cup); set aside.
- 6Cut a jack-o'-lantern face on each orange.
- 7Whisk together reserved orange zest and juice with vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper.
- 8Whisk oil in until combined.
- 9Toss greens and reserved orange pieces with 2 to 3 Tbs dressing.
- 10Stuff orange shells with salad; top with pumpkin seeds.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mesclun Meanies - W
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: