Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of our favorites, when willing to spend more calories than usual. Super quick, and a definite pleaser that even picky kids will eat.
- 2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1inch slices
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (8 ounce) container chive & onion cream cheese, soft (for Kashrut, use plain tofutti soy cream cheese and add onion powder)
- zucchini, sliced paper thin
- curry powder
- Bring zucchini, broth, garlic and curry powder to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Reduce heat, simmer 10min or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove zucchini from saucepan, reserving broth in saucepan.
- Place zucchini and cream cheese in blender or food processor, and process until well blended.
- Add cream cheese mixture to reserved broth in saucepan, and heat thoroughly .
- Garnish with zucchini slices, chives and curry powder.
- Variation (less recommended): Omit garnish and top with salsa and sour cream (soy for kosher).