Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful steak sauce from Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill cookbook. This sauce goes with Spice-Crusted New York Strip Steaks With Mesa Grill Steak Sauce or you could use it with other cuts of beef, chicken or pork. You can make it ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until you need it. Enjoy. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup prepared horseradish, drained (I use Kraft creamy Horseradish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Whisk together the ketchup, horseradish, honey, mustard, maple syrup, Worcestershire, and ancho powder in a small bowl until combined, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for a least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- The sauce will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator stored in a tightly sealed container.
For those that love a spicy sweet sauce - you'll rate this recipe a 5. For us, even though I cut out the honey and the maple syrup, it was still too sweet. Has wonderful flavours though so I will be trying again but maybe using a thick tomato sauce rather than ketchup. Great combination with Spice-Crusted New York Strip Steaks With Mesa Grill Steak Sauce