Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bobby Flay at Mesa Grill
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- kosher salt
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 large ripe beefsteak tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaf
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover by 1-inch with cold water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until fork tender, 12 to 15 minutes and drain well.
- Let cool slightly then slice into 1/4-inch thick pieces and add to a large serving bowl.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the warm potatoes and mix gently until combined, mashing the potatoes slightly.
- Season again with salt and pepper, to taste, before serving.