This recipe was so easy to convert to gluten free due to the small amount of flour used.
Make and share this Mesa Grill Blue Corn Muffins (Gluten Free) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh corn, or
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup blue cornmeal (can substitute yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, gluten free blend
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Position oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400°F Grease a 6-slot muffin pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Whisk in the butter mixture. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, soda, salt, sugar and xanthan gum. Stir in the liquid mixture and stir to combine. Fold in bell pepper, jalapeño, corn and cilantro.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffins slots and bake for 20 minutes or until set.