Recipe by looneytunesfan
Recipe from the Mesa Grill
Top Review by Axe
We really liked this, just didn't 'love it'. The final consistency is nice and thick. I think we found it quite a hot and spicy sauce. Everyone's taste is different, so I give it a very respectable 3 stars. We are definitely going to play with it to bring down the heat a bit. Thanks for posting!
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely diced
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml dark brown sugar
- 14.79 ml honey
- 4.92 ml cayenne
- 14.79 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 4.92 ml ground pasilla chile powder
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and sweat the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor, pour into a bowl, and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Will keep for 1 week or several months frozen.