Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A special sauce for those hot dogs and burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, diced
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery, garlic and ginger root until the meat is no longer pink. Be sure and break up the meat into small pieces while it is cooking.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionaly.
- If the sauce is too chunky, use a immersion blender to bring it to the right texture.
- Top your hot dogs or burgers with the sauce.