Merv Griffin's Brussels Sprouts
- Cut the bacon strips into 1/4 inch pieces, and place into a 12 inch skillet along with the chopped onions.
- Cook the bacon and onions until the bacon is cooked but not crisp--about 5 minutes.
- Cut the baby Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Push the bacon and onions over to the side of the skillet.
- Arrange the Brussels sprouts cut side down in the skillet, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Add the water and cover tightly.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the sprouts are fork tender.
- Stir the sprouts, bacon and onions together and place in a serving dish.