Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very tasty--I am always looking for different veggie recipes. This was in a recipe section of the Sunday Parade newspaper supplement several years ago.
- Cut the bacon strips into 1/4 inch pieces, and place into a 12 inch skillet along with the chopped onions.
- Cook the bacon and onions until the bacon is cooked but not crisp--about 5 minutes.
- Cut the baby Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Push the bacon and onions over to the side of the skillet.
- Arrange the Brussels sprouts cut side down in the skillet, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Add the water and cover tightly.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the sprouts are fork tender.
- Stir the sprouts, bacon and onions together and place in a serving dish.
this is how i make mine too they are great
Excellent way to cook brussel sprouts. I love them any way, but the flavor of the onions and bacon really added alot. Thanks!
SUPERB sprouts! Absolutely delicious and quite easy. I used fresh Brussels sprouts and my cooking times were much quicker. Can't say enough good things about how wonderful this is!!