Georgia Girl's Note:
Very tasty--I am always looking for different veggie recipes. This was in a recipe section of the Sunday Parade newspaper supplement several years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the bacon strips into 1/4 inch pieces, and place into a 12 inch skillet along with the chopped onions.
- 2Cook the bacon and onions until the bacon is cooked but not crisp--about 5 minutes.
- 3Cut the baby Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
- 4Push the bacon and onions over to the side of the skillet.
- 5Arrange the Brussels sprouts cut side down in the skillet, and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- 6Add the water and cover tightly.
- 7Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the sprouts are fork tender.
- 8Stir the sprouts, bacon and onions together and place in a serving dish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merv Griffin's Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.2
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 291.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g