Recipe by Shandobando
Description: This is a very simple crowd pleaser that I make regularly for parties or functions. My friend Marilyn originally handed me the recipe.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelopeknox unflavored gelatin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced finely
- 2 (8 ounce) cans shrimp (save liquid)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- parsley, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl combine 1/4 c - 1/2 c of shrimp liquid with Knox gelatin mix. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan heat the tomato soup (undiluted) until boiling. Add cream cheese to the boiling tomato soup until cream cheese is totally dissolved. I find it easiest to cut a block of cream cheese into 8 small chunks before adding to tomato soup.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the gelatin mix, stir and remove from heat.
- Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add mayo, celery, onion, scallion and shrimp.
- Mix well and pour into a plastic mold.
- Refrigerate until mixture has set.
- To remove mixture from the mold, place mold in warm water for about 15-30 seconds. Place your serving dish over open side of mold and flip quickly.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve with your choice of cracker.
- Custom Yield:.
- e.g. 2 pies, 12 muffins, 1/2 cup, 24-36 cookies.