Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe Posted upon request. Original posted from Middle Earth.
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 20 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 12 cinnamon sticks (4 inch)
- 14 whole allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- Place the cider in a large pot.
- Place the cloves and allspice in a cheesecloth spice bag.
- Add the spice bag, sugar and salt to the cider and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove spice bag.
- Pour Mulled Cider into 12 mugs, adding one cinnamon stick and one slice lemon to each.
- Serve hot.