I got this recipe from a Charleston Junior League cookbook. This is always a hit on the buffet at my Christmas party. Think of this appetizer as a very fresh bloody mary. (Cook time is time allowed for marination.)
- Pierce the tomatoes a few times on the top (stem side).
- Place the tomatoes in a serving dish or bowl.
- Pour the vodka over the tomatoes.
- (Each tomato should be partially submerged in the vodka. Depending on the serving bowl, you may need to use more than 1 cup.) Allow to marinate for at least 6 hours.
- In a small bowl combine the celery salt and lemon pepper seasoning, mixing well.
- Place the bowl of seasoning next to the bowl of tomatoes along with a small container of toothpicks.
- Guests are to spear a tomato with a toothpick and then dip it in the seasoning mixture.