1/2 Photos of Merry Tomatoes
6 hrs 10 mins
I got this recipe from a Charleston Junior League cookbook. This is always a hit on the buffet at my Christmas party. Think of this appetizer as a very fresh bloody mary. (Cook time is time allowed for marination.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pierce the tomatoes a few times on the top (stem side).
- 2Place the tomatoes in a serving dish or bowl.
- 3Pour the vodka over the tomatoes.
- 4(Each tomato should be partially submerged in the vodka. Depending on the serving bowl, you may need to use more than 1 cup.) Allow to marinate for at least 6 hours.
- 5In a small bowl combine the celery salt and lemon pepper seasoning, mixing well.
- 6Place the bowl of seasoning next to the bowl of tomatoes along with a small container of toothpicks.
- 7Guests are to spear a tomato with a toothpick and then dip it in the seasoning mixture.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Merry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning