Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
An "egg-citing" holiday drink!.
- 28.34 g chocolate syrup (or rum)
- 56.69 g hot fresh espresso (or strong coffee)
- 113.39-170.09 g steamed eggnog
- cocoa powder (to garnish) (optional)
- grated nutmeg (to garnish) (optional)
- Combine the chocolate syrup and espresso in a 12 oz Christmas mug and stir.
- Fill the mug the rest of the way with eggnog.
- Dust the top with cocoa or nutmeg.
Wow, what a nice pick-me-up in the afternoon. Of course, I added more coffee to cut down on the sweetness and it was just right. DH loved it just the way it was! I didn't try the cocoa powder, but I am quite sure it would be delicious. Made for PRMR, December 2012.
I love eggnog lattes, but had never had one with chocolate. Great combo! I used low-fat commercial eggnog. Thanks for another addition to my wintertime repertoire!
Nice mellow flavor. Very Holidayish! Thanks for sharing-