Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
easy holiday appetizer/snack of meatballs in a cranberry & sauerkraut sauce. can be used with homemade or storebought meatballs. great in a crock pot too.
- 3 lbs meatballs (3 lbs of ground beef)
- 16 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup water
- 2-inch diameter meat balls work well.
- Place in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan
- combine sauerkraut, cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar and water in medium sauce pan; bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauerkraut mixture over meatballs and bake, uncovered, at 350*F (175*C) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
AWESOME! These were such a tremedous hit, we absolutely loved them. There was also enough sauce to save for the next day, and we browned some ground beef and made delicious sloppy joes with it.